My Journey so far!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well i have been on Orlistat for 2 weeks and I have lost 7lbs!! i am over the moon! i am nearly there for losing 2 stone! once I have hit 2 stone i can start my journey to becomming a parent! 

Has anyone had any bad experiences on orlistat?

x

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Well done ! am not impressed with Orlistat I have not lost anything i dont think have not weighed myself but cant go to the loo and tummy pains are awful so giving it till next week that will be 4 weeks and back to doc and see what he says  when I get weighed been keeping a food diary and I have really been eating low fat 95 % of the time so dont get it feel bloated and horrid 
  • Posted

No all been good only lost 6lb first month I'm bit upset wanted more but Dr is happy and given me 2nd month x
  • Posted

Hi well done!!! When u say becoming a parent what do you mean?

I am overweight and will be seeing my doctor to put me on this medication in order to qualify for IVF as currently my BMI is too high. Is that the same with you?

• Posted

Hi there!!

Yes I am having ivf! I need to get my BMI down to 35 and it's currently 38.5 so I am getting there!!! These tablets are working with me. I've had any bad side effects but they are worth a try!

Please feel free to keep I touch! Good luck xx

• Posted

Oh brilliant! My BMI is 33 and where I live it needs to be 30 and I've tried dieting and exercise and although I lose inches my weight doesn't budge!

Good luck and please keep us updated xx

• Posted

I go to slimming world for more support and I find that helps! Losing 10lb has really motivated me to lose more weight and to start my treatment.

Xx

• Posted

I have been referred to the gym free for one year now lost 11 lbs in 4 and a half weeks x
  • Posted

I have lost just under 4 stone in 7 months! First 6 weeks I lost 2 stone! Since Xmas it's been very slow, sometimes nothing, sometimes a 1lb here and there but haven't put on!

Keep up the good work

• Posted

A lot of carbs! I eat bread, pasta, rice or potatoes with every meal, lots of chicken, stir frys, chilli and rice, Spag Bol, roast dinners, the only think I've done differently is no butter, cheese or oil! I never ate sweet things anyway but if I crave something sweet I have marshmallows!
    • Posted

Marshmallow are fine ppl in the group I'm I'm have that with there hot chocolate I'm a bit worried tonight kids brought me home mc donalds hope I dnt suffer x
  • Posted

Wow well done thats amazing. I have just started this week but havnt noticed anything yet. so fustrating
  • Posted

Hi, ive just started back on orlistat today! I went on it last year and lost nearly 2 stone in 7weeks 12lbs was gone after 7 days! Anyway long story short I lost my way abit and ended up cheating some days. Went to get weighed today after 4 months and to my surprise ive put 5 lbs on, thought it would of bin alot more! Orlistat works well if done right. I lost my weight by sticking to 1300 cals a day mainly eating potatoes,tune,meat salad n veg etc. That's what I plan to do this time! I'm getting weighed again in 2 weeks so hoping for at least 7lbs! Stick with it and ull soon be at target for your ivf. I have pcos and was told I couldn't have children but after I lost some weight I got caught naturally and now have 2 children xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.