Gain some experience and help

Where I can . I'm sure we all have

Days where things just don't go well

And it seems like a never ending cycle

Of feeling down more than up

I myself was diagnosed with a panic

Disorder and some obsessional thoughts

Way back early 2000 , I've tried numerous medications and had therapy etc

For a while I was doing ok until the meds stopped working , as I was feeling panicky

Again and the gd old mind went haywire

I stopped meds altogether late 2014

Due to a bad time with mirtazapine

But I struggled day to day and now find myself on flu this is the 4rth day

I'm hoping soon that at least I can start

To feel some sort of relieve

Any info is most welcome

Any questions please do ask

As we are all in the same boat

Thanks

4 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

morning daz,

for the last 14 weeks i have gone through this journey with my daughter who was diagnosed with depression after being ill for several weeks. have a read through some old posts, it may help, and if you get side effects, dont panic, most people seem to. from day 9 i noticed an improvement with my daughter, for some it takes weeks, so stick with it, and i hope you are soon on the road to recovary. x

• Posted

Morning Karen thanks for the reply

I've read through some posts and looked at other sites

It is gd to know people are here

To share , assure , comfort each other , in the time of need

Somehow we will conquer this journey . I'm on day 5 now and to be honest I've not really suffered much

Side effects , is that normal?

Or is it to early ?

I've felt a little nauseated, tired but that's about it , I've been off work for 5 days and the thought of returning is playing up . Hope your daughter is now feeling some sort of relieve

And can work on that

Also does your daughter take 20mg

For some reason I think that's not enough for me or is it to early to tell

Think I'm expecting results too quick

Thanks again

• Posted

yes, my daughter is on 20 mg, give it time to get into your system before thinking you need a higher dose,

not everyone gets side effects, my daughter did, but looking back she coped well, its just sweats, and not sleeping at the moment which she has.

• Posted

Hi daz

I think its too early to notice any real improvements although I switched from citalopram to flu and instantly has more energy so you may get some.

I suffered quite a few side effects but already has nausea for several months before I started which was partly why I started ssri's so I already felt dreadful. Insomnia n night sweats seem fairly common though, poss worst some time between wk 2-6. Wk 6 is when I started to improve n loose the physical symptoms n side effects.

Around wk 14 I increased to 30mg (alternate 20/40) and the last few weeks I have felt like myself again. You may be one of the lucky ones and feel better much more quickly without many side effects but dont expect a quick fix, it can be a long hard road. I guess if you can accept it could take a while and be troublesome if things improve more quickly you can count that as a bonus rather than being disappointed if youre not getting there fast (if that makes sense??? :-) ).

Hope you start feeling brighter soon. Reading this forum can give a great insight into what others go through and does stop you feeling quite so alone.

Take care

Vix

• Posted

Thanks for a reply vix . I've been down this rd before & I also guess

I know what it takes to recover

I did reasonably well on paroxetine

But they stopped working as I began

To feel panicky & anxious again

Then came the mirtazapine which

Really scared me , it was so debilitating I had to stop

I stopped meds altogether for roughly 3 months but I struggled during this time and this is where I am today

Day 5 on flu with very little side effects " Dare I say that " lol

• Posted

I was like that on citalopram despite having had it once before briefly with really quick results n no side effects. Second time I could barely get out of bed! So strange!

Hope the flu is a nice easy journey for you, just remember to be kind to yourself :-)

Good luck

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.