MY KIDNEY STONE EXPERIENCE

Posted , 3 users are following.

I first passed my stone in 2010 by myself. i knew i had a stone but it was not that big, one night i was about to out with my friends whilst in the bath room i passed it unexpectedly, i picked and washed and kept it. My mistake was i did not do any follow up with my doctor. Little do i know it can grow again without me taking proper precaution.

In 2012 i realise that i have pain at my back on the right side which was not normal, i went to see my doctor, he did a CT SCAN on me and found out that i had another stone but this time it was a big one which cannot be passed by urine. Just to make it short i had to fly to Tunisia to do the treatment. They used the Shock Wave Lithotripsy. This treatment uses shock waves to break up the kidney stones into small pieces. After the treatment, the small pieces of the kidney stone will pass through your urinary tract and out of your body with your urine. It took me a month to pass everything out. To the honest the pain was too much i had to go to the emergency room three times  to get some morphine injection because  i cant sleep at all due to constant pain. At some point i just wanted my right kidney so that i can have peace due to the pain i was having. It was really hell on earth, an experience i will never forget.  I now live in sweden i will go see the doctor soon for more check ups. I really dont want to have such pain again in my life. And i am very sorry for the people going through it.

ALWAYS DRINK LOT OF WATER AND MAKE SURE YOU GO FOR CHECK UPS. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your story! Yes, after you've had a stone, you are more likely to get one again. I have had one, and know that I need to be drinking lots of water each day, but it is difficult. I never want to go through that pain and misery again! Take care!

• Posted

Well, that's sure not very good news, and definitely not something that makes me happy. I was not aware that once you've had a kidney stone, you are more likely to get another one. Wonder if that's why the Urologist (who I can't stand), wants me to have an Ultra Sound of both kidneys? Once he got the stone out during the 2nd surgery, and then after he got the stent out the following week, I thought I'd never have to see him again.

Hope everyone is enjoying the New Year. 

• Posted

yes, unfortunately, we are more likely to have a recurrence. We may be out of the woods, but the forest is still in view. Water!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.