My knee is locked on day 17 after knee replacement now what???

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all its day 17 after total left knee replacement and I tried to got up steps with my cane as I did before the awful swelling and bruising I had that landed me back in hospital and I can't do it anymore. Its like I have to swing my leg out without bending. I just can't bend nor lift this leg off bed. My Dr says I should be able to lift it but I swear if offered millions of dollars I just couldn't do it. Hascanyony had to have a Knee Manipulation? Did it help and was the pain when waking from it unbearable???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What landed you back in hospital?  I've head MUA can be good or bad!

• Posted

Leg swelled up and was bruised so bad I couldn't take the pain. I went to hospital and Dr immediately thought I had a clot. I was given blood thinner shots in my stomach followed by very painful ultra sound. They push that thing so hard on your leg its excruciating! Especially when your leg is already purple black and red! Luckily there were no clots but infection I left on antibiotics but they didn't give me enough pain meds to enable me to do therapy so my Dr rec me to pain management Dr. I don't see him until Tues the 5th and with the way me leg is with the research I've done I know they'll say manipulation is necessary. But I've learn that these Drs my know how to perform the acts but don't know much after so I seek you guys my new family to give me the real deal. Nothings scarier then this feeling of not wanting the later hrs to come. because you know all the pain your about to suffer alone!!!

• Posted

I had an ultrasound on my lefts about 2 months post op, because of my pain and history of clots.  Didn't find anything, but you are right, the    pain was horrible.  She kept apologizing.. No clots were found, but I am still on blood thinner because of past history of pulmonary emboli.   I shutter on the thought of having to have a MUA.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Angela,

On my first TKR (2 years ago). I had similar but then it came good. So keep trying the lifting it WILL happen. But also please go to see a physio they are the experts.

Best wishes,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.