My knee is rock hard, swollen and stiff five weeks after a total knee replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone had this issue? My knee feels very tight. The tightness seems to move around. Sometimes it’s on the outside like the IT band. Sometimes it’s in the back where it’s a little swollen. Sometimes it’s at the top of my knee where it’s been popping. When I put my hand over it I’m doing all my exercises but I don’t know if I’m doing too much too little. My ROM is 124 so that’s fine and my extension is three am I just overly frustrated ?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

only 5 weeks after knee replacement is very soon to expect swelling to be normal. ice knee on a regular basis daily and take meds for exercises dont over do you cant rush healing. its tough at the first few months .

call your doctor if the area becomes red or skin is hot to the touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.