My knee is stuck after a partial replacement. Has anyone else had success with a dynasplint brace?

Posted , 4 users are following.

On Nov 13th, i had my knee cap replaced on my left leg. For the last 3 weeks, I've been measuring 60 degrees (70 painful degrees). PT ordered me a dynasplint brace. I get it on Monday, and supposed to wear it 6hrs every day. I've been working from home because i can't bend my knee enough in order to drive. Has anyone else been in this situation? How long did it take the brace to get your knee bending? I need to drive as I need to go back to work sooner than later. I'm getting depressed being couped up in my house & relying on others to drive me around.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i unfortunately did not have good results. if anything results were terrible causing swelling and reversal of flexibility after 18 days

my girlfriend,however, had good results.

• Posted

That's not to reassuring. I was told this type of surgery was easy & I would be back at work after 2 weeks. It's going on 7 weeks. All the things I didn't know before the surgery that I'm going through now would have changed my decision to not do this surgery.

• Posted

My surgeon gave me a prescription for a JAS knee brace as I was having straightening issues. I wear it for 6 by 5 mins. 3 times a day. I can also use it for bending. My pt has measured and it shows an increase . I also feel a difference when walking. I am 7 months total knee replacement and also having bending issues which is related to my spine issues. I have the brace for a 4 month rental and I am fortunate to have health benefits. I started using the brace in Nov. I can not understand why you would wear the brace for 6 hours. I am in Ontario Canada and saw the Jas brace online and I ordered it through a rep., in Ontario. 3 weeks is still early, maybe other issues why you can not bend. Do not get depressed, as it takes time. If you can go for walks.

• Posted

my patella tendon has tightened up so much, it will not stretch anymore with manual manipulation. The dynasplint brace is supposed to stretch everything so i can bend it. i had a medical massage today & the girl said my scar tissue already started spreading out & has compromised my IT band which was already causing a lot of pain. That girl was so good, I'm going back once a week. I have no patience. I'm praying this brace works sooner than later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.