My legs have been aching for over two years now..

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone! I have been having problems with my legs the past two years now. I get bad aching legs quite chronically. I get them at night quite often but it also happens during the day. The pains that I get are aches and not not cramps and this is why I am confused. I often toss and turn at night moving my legs and also try to relieve the pain by putting a pillow between my legs. I just want to repeat again that I also have the aches during the day. I recently had an MRI done with a neurologist to see if maybe it was a lower back problem but I am starting to get suspicious that it could be RA because I often feel very fatigued and just not like myself. I almost feel that flu like or Cold like fatigue often for no reason. My energy levels are really low.

The pain reminds me of pain I would have as a child in which I was told it was growing pains. My legs ache the exact same way they did back then only now more frequently. I just turned 30 and I am a former athlete. What could it be?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have RA but that doesn't sound like it to me, with my RA i have very pronounced swelling of the joints and lots more symptoms, can i ask are you still exercising and keeping active, yours sounds like restless leg syndrome, but because it mostly effects you at night you are going to feel very fatigued through the day, do yoy have a bath, if you do you could maybe soak in warm water before bedtime and put some salts in the water to help them relax.

If you have given up exercise that could be the reason

• Posted

it effects me just as equally through out the day as well. I would rather it be RLS but the people over on that board doesn't think it's that either. I also get lower back pain that seems to radiate from there into the buttocks and into the legs.

• Posted

HI, Yes, I had awful aches in my shins for a long time until I got treated for RA. I also got them similarly, when I was a teen. After being treated for the RA, I don't have them nearly as much. Good luck.

• Posted

Can i ask what other tests you have had and have you seen anyone else to help diagnose you example a rheumatologist

• Posted

Hi Aaron, I too remember being told I had growing pains as a child. I also have RLS & I can tell the difference between my pains! Has anyone checked your bloods recently? One of my Consultants is keen on bloods & checked mine 2 or 3 years ago & discovered that my VitD levels had dropped through the floor. When I started on Colecalciferol, the pains went. I have to take Colecalciferol for life now but my calcium levels are ok, so I don't need to take calcium. Try asking to have your VitD levels checked.

Good luck

• Posted

getting my levels all checked here within a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.