My life is a nightmare since GB surgery

Posted , 49 users are following.

Hi. I had my gallbladder surgery 15 months ago and it has been the most frighten time of my life. I live day to day in pain, fear, anxiety, hopeless, down. If it wasn't for my 16 month old baby I wouldn't want to live no more I think.

It started with painful  esophageal spasms ,chest / stomach burning for over a year.  All this time I was constantly worried and saw lots of doctors. Finally when I thought I was getting better I start having weird abdominal pain with lots of nausea, which  has been diagnosed as inflammation in the stomach area. Taking PPI at the moment. I'm so worried again because I read it can be bile gastritis which is chronic sad and very painful. I forgot to say I had a MRI two weeks prior before pain started and it was normal?!

Has anyone got gastritis a year or so after cholecystectomy and found out bile was the cause? If so, how is it treated and does it work? I read it's hard to treat it, and diet doesn't help either. I can't sleep I'm so nauseated and worried. It seems I am not going to be normal ever again. I only wish that this is only a nightmare I'm about to wake up from.. Thank you.

4 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I've been dealing with gastritis and ulcers for years and recently developed gallbladder issues as well. I had my gallbladder removed a week ago and hoped that it would give me some relief, but it didn't. I'm constantly nauseated and have a horrible bitter taste in my mouth, and tonight my stomach started burning like I have another ulcer. I've lost over 20lbs since all this started that I did not need to lose. I wish I could help. if you find any solutions or treatments please let me know, and I'll do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.