My life is falling apart

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 45 and feel some relief for having a diagnosis - anxiety. I have a good life and just about everything I could want. But I keep doing and saying things I should not.  Everyone has had enough of me and I don't blame them. I take meds and started seeing a counselor but I think I have finally pushed everyone away.  I'm lost. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bobbie, when you say you are saying and doing things you should not, what do you mean? Are you short tempered/easily irritated by people? This can be a sign of anxiety/depression. It sounds like you have started to make positive steps, so keep pushing forward with this. Hopefully this will also help you to restore your relationships. We can feel lost at times like these and think nobody cares but that’s the illness talking. I’m just coming out the other end of a bad bout of anxiety and your thinking can be distorted by negativity at these times. People do care but sometimes they just don’t know how to help. The people who care for me are still there for me now so don’t give up. They may think that giving you space is best but like I say they do care.
    • Posted

How did you findd a med that helped this, my anxietyis so bad

• Posted

I was given effexor from my physician for hot flashes to begin with.  It helped with those wonderfully but is also used for anxiety.  I got lucky.  
    • Posted

Thank you for your response.  I am irritated by people and have been working on not bring so short tempered by people.  This is greatly helped by meeting the most wonderful patient man ever.  He had given me the safety, security and family I have always desired.  Instead I get mad at him for the simplest things.  I lash out at him when I'm feeling anxious when he is the one trying to understand.  

• Posted

Hi Bobbie, do you go to the gym? I have found it a great stress reliever in my life. I also joined a cycling club and go for long rides with a great bunch of like minded people. It also releases chemicals that make us feel good and it helps me to get out the frustrations of everyday life. You deserve to be happy and enjoy your life with your partner, maybe it’s something you could do together? Remember you have support here aswell if you need it x
    • Posted

Hi Ann, my anxiety got really bad because I had to interview for my own job. I’m terrified of interviews and my anxiety got so bad, however I managed to do it. It was situational anxiety and for me meds can only help so much, it was down to me to push through it. I’m taking Vanlafaxine and the good thing with this drug was the fact it allowed me to sleep well and eat better than I have taking other drugs through these periods of high anxiety. These medications react differently for each of us though, sometimes it’s about finding the right one. However addressing the underlying causes of why the anxiety is happening is the most important step. I’ve avoided this for so long but now I’m feeling better I’m going to get the help I know I need.
  • Posted

Hi Bobbie!

?Anxiety so often  warps our thoughts, that I would bet your statement "Everyone has had enough of me and I don't blame them" is more the anxiety talking, than the way anyone actually feels about you. Also, I do think many people who haven't experienced anxiety are sometimes a bit confused how to deal with loved ones who have it. I know my husband lately has been at a loss as how to respond to me now that my anxiety has flared up again.

?I've found going for long walks by myself has helped me so much. I think we do need a way to get rid of the extra energy anxiety brings. When my anxiety was really bad in my early 20s, I got to the point I was walking 11 or 12 miles a day on the days I didn't have to work.

?Just know that eventually things will start to get better:-).

• Posted

Hi Jayden! It sounds like we have practically the same family history;-). Heart issues, high cholesterol, and anxiety are very common in my family, too.

?I'm on antidepressants, and for me personally, they do help a lot with the anxiety. Of course, I'd prefer not to have to take anything, but for me the pluses outweigh the minuses.

?It probably is time for you to go back in to the doctor, and discuss with them going back on meds. You could start with a really low dose, and go from there. If it would make you feel better, they could do some heart tests too just for your own peace of mind.

• Posted

***Sorry, Bobbi, ignore this. I was trying to reply to someone else;-)**
    • Posted

You seem to have conquered the issues.  Familynhistory of heart, cholesterol and now anxiety. Hpwhat anti dep has helped you ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.