My life with UTI's

Posted , 6 users are following.

So Ladies, I have been suffering with UTI's since I was 16 years of age (now about to turn 28). Unfortunately for me, they are caused by the wonderful act of sexual intercourse! 

Now, most of you will be wanting to ask the usual questions and give me the usual advice of "make sure you wash before and after", "do you ensure you empty your bladder afterwards?", "Do you drink cranberry juice" and the list goes on and on.

The answers to all of the questions are YES, I have tried EVERYTHING and I am getting to the point of giving up. It's beginning to affect my life in so many ways and I'm sure many of you feel the same way? (I can't be alone on this one) 

I have tried all sorts, I have used cranberry tablets, I keep myself hydrated, I wear cotton underwear, I have used a prophylactic, I am now resistant to trimethoprim and nitrofurantoin is beginning to go that way as well. Earlier this year I had a cystoctopy where they stretched my urethra and my bladder, but to no avail, I have had 3 infections since then. I am careful when having sex, I'm sure many of you know you have to avoid rough sex and ensure you are well lubricated. I wash before and after sex and ensure I empty my bladder straight after the 'deed' is done. 

I've recently discovered Waterful D-Mannose, which is the first thing in 12 years that helps relieve the debilitating pain naturally. When I have a UTI I have to take 60mg of codeine, 400mg of ibuprofen and 1000mg of paracetamol. It's affecting my job, therefore affecting my wages and we all have bills to pay right? 

I'm reaching out to see if anyone else is going through what I'm going through and to see what other advice people who actually suffer with UTI's can offer me.. 

I look forward to hearing from my fellow sufferers 🙌??

Leonie.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the company you get your DM from...they have a lot of info on their website.This company actually do NOT agree with Cranberry - and this is where i was going wrong some years ago.

Have you researched Biofilms ? will give you an insight as to why AB's don't work.

Re the DM you are taking it is excellent and very pure.

You may tho have to take it a lot for an extended period of time - as the Biofilms will have embedded and it takes several months for DM to clear them out.

Taking DM once a day won't do the job.

• Posted

You mention intercourse but you don't mention your partner.  Apologies if this comes under the heading of usual advice but have you made the poor guy go and checked out in case he's habouring  something that's not bothering him and then giving it to you?

• Posted

Hello.

I have been where you are at.  It all started after a year of marriage age 20 and active sex Life.  The urologist did the urethra stretch many times, not just once.  I believe at least a dozen times over a two year period.  It kept me free from chronic uti but I'd still get one occasionally. You might ask about that?

The urologist also told me once a woman has so many bladder infections that they would have them the rest of rest of their life.  That was 45 years ago and now post menopause brings them again  and chronic.  Apparently, the condition becomes a weakness?

I hope your urologist can help rid you of uti as they are costly, debilitating,  and painful and I'm sorry for any woman going through thissad

• Posted

It looks like you may be new to this forum.  There are many, many discussions here from young women going through exactly what you're going through.  I suggest you take some time to read through them - you may find other useful tips and information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.