my lpr problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have silent reflux, i have a voice problem, feel bloated and barely any heart burn, my gp gave me tons of deffrent ppi's h2 blockers, and even gaviscon stuff and none of em had worked, turns out I generate low stomach acid so i took HCL supplimentn after that, my digestion is better but my symptom wont still go away, what should i do when none of medication work? does anyone have the same problem?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How did you know you had low acid?

Also, have you tried the low acid diet?  The issue with LPR is pepsin trapped in the upper respiratory ways and acid food causing it to reactivate.  Also, eliminate alcohol, carbonated drinks, etc.  Eat slow and smaller meals, prop your bed so you can sleep in an incline, and drink alkaline water & gargle with water and baking soda.

• Posted

one question, Do you gargle the water as you need anytime?
    • Posted

I gargle in the mornings with sodium bicarbonate water in the am and as needed.  The alkaline water I drink it instead of regular water.  Here in the US I can buy it by the case

• Posted

I’m not cured, but it makes things easier to deal with.  Some people get better results than others.  Diet is key for some, and they have see significant improvements.
  • Posted

i knew it from blood test from my gp and thans for the tip! I will def try those

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.