My LS has disappeared again

Posted , 3 users are following.

I first had LS

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, I hit the wrong button...I first had LS in 2007 and then occasional episodes in 2008 and 2009.  It cleared up pretty easily with the Betaderm Ointment/Cream 0.1% that was prescribed by my doctor.  I did post about this about a year ago.  However, to my surprise, I noticed last August (2014) that it had returned.  So, I once again used the ointment or cream and then for the last month or so, alternated every other day with Vaseline.  From 28th November 2014 to January 16, 2015, I pretty well lived on a liquid diet - for the first 3 weeks because I had had a tooth pulled on either side of my mouth and was trying to protect the gm from dry socket, and then I had a nasty shock healthwise that stressed me out so I couldn't eat at all.  I therefore lived on meal re0placement drinks, like Boost and Ensure. A blood test I had for cholesterol and TSH after 3 weeks of this dfiet showed my numbers to vastly improved.  It seems to me that this period of fasting haqs detoxedmy system and perhaps improved my immune system.l  I had thought previously that maybe I had IBS
    • Posted

Sorry, again!   My stomach troubles seem to have subsided - for the time being anyway. I cannot find a trace of the LS - I'm sure it was there at least 3 weeks ago.

• Posted

Wow! That's great. I'm happy for you.

I think you're right about diet. I've had IBS but I don't have it any more because I modified my diet to suit my particular sensitivities to food. AS LONG AS I STICK TO IT I don't get LS flare-ups. Otherwise, watch out!  (Processed sugar is especially bad that way.)

• Posted

I am about to start the Fast diet. 2 days fasting per week to see if this helps my LS and asthma. I will report back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.