my memory is blank after weight loss...help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi . i am male . 24 years old

3 years ago I got 5 months to 30 kg weight with a low carb diet

after that i feel my memory and concentrate has become a serious problem

my memory was gone

after that i went to the Psychiatrist. i have taking meds for 3 years .but My memory is getting worse after taing drugs . I ate the best multivitamins but was not  useful.no improve and Every day gets worse.

I changed my doctor 3 however was not  useful.I had blood tests and EEG and Thyroid tests and MRI .and all of them was normal .

my drugs was Fluvoxamine , Clomipramine , modafinil , ritalin , Bupropion ,zoloft ,risperidone , buspirone,clonazepam,Chlordiazepoxide,effexor and depakine. 

i take this drug but got worst .somethimes i feel my mind is blank . some times i feel disconnectet from memory . i have problem with recall the words. i have problem with recall the detail things . i have problem with visual and verbal and short term memory . i feel vision in my mind is not clear . please help . i have lost my hope for the future . for to live . please help . My life has been destroyed in 3 years. Why has this happened to me?

sorry for my poor english . help me       

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry kiarash, I'm not criticising your English (which is fine) but I don't think I'm understanding correctly. Did you mean you reduced your weight by 30kg in 5 months or to 30kg? Neither is good. If you lost 30kg in 5 months that's too much, but if you're saying you only weigh 30kg you're putting yourself in extreme danger. This is anorexia nervosa. Has it been diagnosed?

Are you still taking all the drugs you listed above, or were they tried one after the other? Each of them, individually, would cause concentration and memory problems, and the effect would be massively increased if you were taking all of them at the same time.

However, you shouldn't stop or reduce any drugs of this kind without medical supervision, as this could make the problem worse.

Also, the extreme weight loss would cause problems. It's right to take multivitamins if you're not eating properly, but they won't cure the problem.

I feel very sorry for you, because you're obviously suffering. But I'm afraid you need to address the weight loss problem if you want to get better.

• Posted

Lily thanks for your reply

I reduce my weight by 30 kg in 5 month.

I'm not taking all drugs that I listed above

I'm? taking 4 of them right now.i don't want to stop eating drugs but

I'm? tired from my memory . I'm? tired from life . I'm more depressed after taking this drugs .

I need help but doctors couldn't.

Please help me . Memory was the only things that I have .

• Posted

Phew! I'm very relieved to hear that you don't weigh 30kg! However, 30kg is still a lot to lose in 5 months, unless you were morbidly obese at the outset. In this case, fast weight loss would be essential for your health.

I'm wondering whether you had previously gained a lot of weight due to the medications you were on. Antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs are notorious for causing massive weight gain.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, all the drugs you listed are also known to cause poor concentration, short-term memory loss and general brain fog as side-effects. However, you're quite right to continue taking them, as medications of this kind should never be stopped or even reduced without medical supervision.

You don't need to worry about losing your long-term memories. The side-effects of these drugs are all reversible once you come off them, and your past memories will still be there.

I'm afraid I can't help you. This isn't a medical site, it's a forum for patients. I do, however, have a suggestion. This is the dementia forum. You clearly don't have dementia, you're suffering from depression and the side-effects of your medications. Why don't you start a new thread on the Patient site, but this time in their Depression boards? It may even be that you'll find a forum where people are discussing one or more of the drugs you're taking. People who suffer from the same illness or take the same medications can be a great source of support for each other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.