my memory is blank after weight loss...help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi . i am male . 24 years old

3 years ago I got 5 months to 30 kg weight with a low carb diet

after that i feel my memory and concentrate has become a serious problem

my memory was gone

after that i went to the Psychiatrist. i have taking meds for 3 years .but My memory is getting worse after taing drugs . I ate the best multivitamins but was not  useful.no improve and Every day gets worse.

I changed my doctor 3 however was not  useful.I had blood tests and EEG and Thyroid tests and MRI .and all of them was normal .

my drugs was Fluvoxamine , Clomipramine , modafinil , ritalin , Bupropion ,zoloft ,risperidone , buspirone,clonazepam,Chlordiazepoxide,effexor and depakine. 

i take this drug but got worst .somethimes i feel my mind is blank . some times i feel disconnectet from memory . i have problem with recall the words. i have problem with recall the detail things . i have problem with visual and verbal and short term memory . i feel vision in my mind is not clear . please help . i have lost my hope for the future . for to live . please help . My life has been destroyed in 3 years. Why has this happened to me؟

sorry for my poor english . help me       

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Out of the above drugs you mentioned, what are your currently on. I see some contraindications with the ritalin - why the ritalin?  That is specific to ADD and should never be mixed with anti-depressants or benzo's like Clonazepam.  Wow. Your medicine chest sounds a bit like mine, although I have tried all of the above, I never stayed on them more than a week as I couldn't stand the side effects. So, I've been on Mirtapazine (Remeron) for 20 years and I take as little Clonazepam as necessary, but everything can affect your concentration if the dosage isn't right.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply

I'm currently on Bupropion and Zoloft and rispridone and depakine .....

My mind is really have problem . I don't know how can I overcome it .

No one help me to get my memory back ..

• Posted

Sorry I am a bit confused.  Are you saying you weigh only 30 kilos?  If so then no wonder your mind is blank! 

• Posted

Ugh!  That's only like 66 pounds!  And he says he's 24??  That is way way way out. 

• Posted

No no I'm sorry for confused you .

I've reduced 30 kg of my weight in 5 month

• Posted

Congratulations on losing that weight. Maintaining it s is the next challenge, and you will need to carry on your effort; it will be hard at times, but worth the effort.

I doubt this has anything to do with your weight loss directly.  It is just a red herring.

Any problems with memory and brain functioning are due to your illness and drugs. Given that long list, I strongly advise you to concentrate on getting formal medical help and use this Forum as an interesting aside, at least until you get things under control.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.