My mind has been out of place for 2 weeks after drinking 14% alcohol beverage

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! I've had this really bothersome problem after I drank a 4loko, the day after I had the alcoholic beverage, My chest started to tighten up as well as my throat, I thought it was gas so I took an alka seltzer and then my head started spinning and my mind felt as if I was in a dreamlike state. I got worried and I went to the hospital, but they said everything was okay with me and that I had nothing wrong, I still felt the symptom of my mind being out of place, I felt as though I was soulless or mindless and on top of them my arms and legs were weak to a point where I was bedridden for a whole day, I'd also have a shortness of breath plus my stomach would start burning up and churning. I gave it a week and the stomach problem stopped and the weird mental issue isn't as severe as it was. But then I started to feel a weird dryness kinda feeling on my forehead that to this hasn't gone away and my mind still doesn't feel good. I don't know if this is a liver problem or if I had messed up something with my lungs or brain..I am very scared because it is also difficult for me to take in a deep breathe sometimes and my head still doesn't feel in the right place. I'm 3 weeks into waiting for myself to heal but I feel like its not....am I dying??? Will I ever become normal again, I haven't been able to think straight. Please help!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please go to your doctor and explain these symptoms to him or her.

It could be a number of things, including relatively benign things such as a virus or whatever - it is that time of year after all, and viruses can last weeks - and you are probably unduly getting worried that it is somehow connected to the drink.

But either way, even if it is somehow connected, a doctor is the best person to refer to.

• Posted

I've gone to a doctor and they said I was okay, that's why i'm extremely worried right now! But I'll try going to a different doctor to see if they see anything.

• Posted

You mentioned in your post that you went to the hospital when this happened, but now 3 weeks have passed. Have you been to doctor since you went to the hospital?

• Posted

I've gone to a doctor on the second week, and they still couldn't find any results of any actual harm, but yet I still feel the symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.