My mind tells me things that are not true at all! (About my relationship)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

i've got a big problem that is haunting me for weeks now.

lets start from the beginning...

i've met my girlfriend 5 months ago and we instantly fell in love! she is the most wonderful human i ever met! i really do love her! i know that!

our relationship is perfect and there is nothing i would want to change! i smoked alot of weed when i met her. 1 month ago i stopped and since then my mind is playing completely crazy... when i think about her, no matter what. my mind basically tells me the opposite. that i hate her, i want to break up and stuff like that. but i know thats not true at all! i really do know that! since then my mind is a complete f****d up place... everything i do or say i start doubting and overthinking... i really do not know what to do anymore. i lover and adore her so much... and it breaks my heart... maybe i should add that i feel really depressed since i stopped smoking weed and these thoughts started... please help me...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

sorry you are going through this. I hope that you have permanently stopped smoking weed because it does alter the brain. But you can reverse that. A lot of people smoke it because it masks what’s really going on inside and it gets you away from that temporarily. That’s probably why you are depressed now because you have nothing to mask the issues that are making you depressed. anxiety will put negative thoughts into peoples minds. Make sure that you are aware of that. I would suggest you getting some counseling for this. It’s very difficult to overcome alone. You can do counseling online which is what I do and it works great. It’s important to work on yourself to improve things because in a relationship you can’t give The person your true self. you need to feel somewhat whole. There are a lot of resources out there but start with counseling.

• Posted

thank you for the quick respons. i already got an appointment with a therapist because i think thats the only way to get through this. i really dont want to lose her at all. shes the best thing that ever happend to me. so i dont understand why i keep havin these thoughts... they always come when i think of how much i love or miss her

• Edited

just don’t let the negative thoughts win or take you over. The therapist will help you gain the proper mindset and help you figure out what to do with the negative thoughts when they come.

For some people, they just instantly say a word like stop or delete and then do something else right away . just do not entertain the thoughts because they will become more cemented in your brain.

other people acknowledge the thought in a calm way, and then they release it and watch it float off into the sky or space. Different things work for different people.

But I’m really glad you’re getting the therapy! One thing I learned about therapy is don’t stop it just because you start to feel a little better. The longer you go the stronger you will be. Take care

• Posted

i'm really glad someone understands me. my girlfriend also dose. i'm telling her everything going on in my head.

i'm trying to to focus to much on these thoughts. but what i noticed is that since ever i stopped smoking i get really stuck in my own thoughts no matter what it is. like i question everything... just not feeling like myself anymore. but as you said. iam not

letting these thoughts bring me down, cause i know what i feel and what i want.

i also tried that. saying "stop" and try to move on. sometimes it seems

to work but no always.

i'm currently thinking of trying to meditate since its been said that this is a good method for "intrusive thoughts"

but i think.. cause i was a really heavy smoker i just need to wait a lil bit more till it will all be back to normal. even tho i kinda worry because i stopped one month ago and i thought this should be it. but seems like the detoxing is still going on but i dunno....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.