My mojo has got up and gone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i am new here and am looking for some advice was happy 54 year old gym every day. Had some dryness so sort a doctor out who told me i had vaginal atrophy put me on oestrogen cream one week in and i had the worst stomach ache ever and started to feel like crap so went back she told me stop using the cream and gave me pessaries. using them one week i walked out in front off a car on a very busy road wanting to hurt ma self have no energy have stopped the gym went back to doctors cried so now she has put me on the patches. Every morning i now wake up sweating wanting to hurt myself no gym as no energy. i hate this. I want to stop the patches but the vaginal atrophy will come back . Help

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi Jody, go back to your GP, im so sorry you feel so low but its just hormones and they will sort you out! Im 55 and never felt as weird as i do now, all kinds of pains and changes and im just trying to go with it in the hope it will pass. Keep your chin up and definitely get help with these feelings of hurting yourself! Also try and drag yourself to the gym it will make you feel better, im doing couch to 5k at the mo and much as i dont feel like doing the run i feel so much better after. Come on girl you can get through this!

• Edited

i feel like that, im 41, i couldnt even go the gym as my body is in agony, sending hugs x

• Edited

Hey Toria..

My heart goes out to you, my dear! I've read soooo.... MANY of your posts, and you are going through a lot! That said, I send prayers and hugs to you!

• Posted

Hey Jody...

Menopause is a friggin TSUNAMI; that said, find and do the things which will make you HAPPY! This hell on earth lasts roughly twenty years plus, my friend's mom said it goes to the grave with us womenfolk. She was 75 y.o. and still having HOT flashes; shut the front door and call me Mary! Anyhoo, be well my menopausal sistah!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.