My molluscum encounter, treatment & infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 39 M Aust. About nine weeks ago I noticed a pimple on my genital area and didn't think anything of it. It didn't hurt and over the next weeks it didn't change, I thought it would just disappear.... eventually.

Anyway, after it was there for 7wks, I decided it was time to go to the Dr. He looked at it, and thought it might be a cyst, but it was procedure to test for STI's. He also put me on AB's, and told me to come back in a week, for the test results. 1wk passed, and I noticed another little pimple appear next to the original one. It was confirmed I was STI free, and he still wasn't sure what my lump was, so he wanted to do a biopsy to confirm, as it was a little bigger, and the AB,s had no effect. The biopsy was done, and MC was confirmed. He said all good, should be gone in months or years, no need for treatment lol.

So I became an internet explorer looking for the cure. I tried it all, ACV, tea tree oil, iodine, bicarbonate soda, Darnell's Molluscum tonic ($100 lol), clove oil, all of it. With each post I read, there was a new cure, I was on it!

After about 2wks my biopsy MC wasn't healing, and the newer one was getting bigger! Then I tried Doufilm on the smaller one, and it shivered up and fell off, however the biopsy one was now huge and hurting, it was infected. 

I bombed the s**t out of it with every internet cure, anti viral, anti bacterial magical potion I could find, and all it did was give me the biggest & most painful infection I've ever had! Back to the Dr, AB's again for a week while Mount St Helens is growing on the side of my shaft! Finally it burst, back to Dr. who cleaned it out, it was instant pain relief. So it's healing nicely, and it appears the MC has gone to.

Through the whole ordeal, the best advice I got wasn't from the Dr who wanted me to wait and had zero info about this virus, or the internet experts who had too much info and was quite confusing which could have led to the infection, but from my local chemist. He informed me to quit smoking, which I did, eat healthy foods targeting a strong immune system, I did, & "irritate " the MC so the immune system can find and kill the virus. He said the tape worked well, but I chose the DOUFILM wart remover. It worked really good. Don't be stupid like me, and try everything you see posted, as it can make it worse. I feel for everyone with MC, especially little kids with severe cases, it's such a horrible virus. Best wishes to all.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark,

I'm so glad you have managed to rid yourself of this horrible virus because I'm going through it right now and it's destroying me!  Like you, I also tried every miracle cure  I read on the internet.  Of course, nothing has worked so far and I'm beginning to think that nothing actually works on this, but rather all the treatment is just meant to :"irritate" the MC to initiate the immune response.

Can I ask how you managed to get rid of the MC?  You said you used a tape (which one?) and DUOFILM?  How did you apply it and how long did it take for the MC to clear up? 

Thanks for your story Mark, you have given me hope as I've had this nasty virus for 5 months now and am on the verge of giving up.

• Posted

Hi again Mark,

I went to buy DUOFILM today, was going to apply it but then I read on the information sheet NOT to use it on the genitals.  Should I go ahead and do it, or should I try the taping method first?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.