My mom 82 years old just went on hormones and feels great!

Posted , 11 users are following.

my mom who is almost 83 just went on hormones and she feels fabulous ! she even flew 6000 miles to see me ... alone !!

she found the journey easy and came to see me as im so so sick .

she is actually doing better than me ! i have mono and am very sick. when you see your 82 year old mom doing better than you .....

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

aww how lovely that at 82 your mum feels great x what HRt is dhe taking xx

• Posted

my guess is its some form of T4 ( and possibly T3) both which are thyroid hormone replacement therapies.

• Posted

Wow! Go mum!!

She sounds amazing and will no doubt help you no end! I get your point though - I too wished i felt as great as your mum! My mum went on HRT years ago and was like Wonder Woman the whole time... so far, 1 year in and i feel crap. 😦(

Hope you both have a lovely time catching up and you feel better soon.

AJ. xx

• Posted

thanl you jacyn yes its strange to see somebody so much older than you doing so much better than you . yes lovely to have her here but sad now shes gone .

• Posted

If I may ask, why did they put her on hormones at her age?

• Posted

Wow, I wonder if it'll help my mom. She's 87 and had to have part of her thyroid removed. She takes thyroid medication too.

• Posted

well its worth a try. my mom could barely walk and now shes on transatlantic flights

• Posted

any one else on HRT i am in month 11 of no periods so one month to go and im post menopause fingers crossed x

anyone else post menopause and if so have tbe symptoms eased d

• Posted

That's lovely!! : ) I always feel so much better when I see my mom, she is 78 and can easily do circles around me. Enjoy your visit!!

• Posted

Hi Lori! That is wonderful! My mom is 77 and is getting along much better than me too.

• Posted

Im so happy to hear your mom made it over and you got the chance to see her and visit. I needed my mom big time when things were so bad last year! When i was feeling so rough, she was certainly running circles around me!

How are you feeling?

• Posted

thats awesome lori. i am glad she is doing so well. gives us hope. and i aure hope you feel better soon too.((hugs))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.