My mom might have Globus Sensation/Hystericus, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So my mom is experiencing the same thing. It has been about two to two and a half weeks since she felt the lump in her throat. She has allerigies so she though it was a clump of mucus stuck in her throat. But then it persists for the 2 weeks and it sort of runs everywhere. She has depression, anxiety, and a little OCD. Not sure if it is Globus but there is no pain in her throat but uncomfortable because of the lump. It feels better when she swallows but I don't know.. It's sort of scaring me and her doctor isn't doing much. Gave her a fluticasone nasal spray and penicillin. They haven't diagnosed her with anything yet but I'm guessing it is Global. What do I do?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam

If you read more about globus, which I did initially, all I could gathered is no specific food or medicine to it. But someday it will go away.  I was told by my local GP that people with Globus must stay positive/happy but my arguement was I am stress by this discomfort in my throat and how can I not stress by it, infact the stress is double up.  But when I actually sat down calmly and figure it out, there is only one person that can help, 'OURSELF',  My immediate advise (if I can use the word advise), stay calm, be more occupied to take this feeling away.  Take Fisherman Friend it may help the relief.

Take care.

• Posted

Nahhhh.  My is till there, except milder than last 2 weeks.

Where are you from?  I am from Malaysia.

• Posted

USA, so it doesn't go away? Because there are treatments but I'm not sure how doctors do it
    • Posted

Hey Sam, how did things turn out for your mom? I've had this too. Anexiety is a certain cause of this lump in throat feeling, so the less anxiuos she can be the better. Anyway this feeling is also reported by people with more serious illnesses, such as illinesses in stomach and esophagus. It's also common in people with GERD, like me. So she should certainly get an endoscopy just for piece of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.