My mom suddenly have difficulty speaking

Posted , 4 users are following.

So yesterday my parents had a big fight. My mom was so angry she couldn't sleep. This morning she was able to talk but then she had trouble breathing and squeezed her chest. Her cheeks were very red . As a result she couldn't talk without hissing in pain. She has difficulty speaking as if something was slowing her down. I wonder if she had a stroke or this is a symptom of an upcoming stroke ? Or if she will be able to recover.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Get her to see Doc as it is better to be safe than sorry and it will put your mind at ease ..Good Luck !!

• Posted

Hi i think it's wise to get your mum some medical attention as soon as you can. It might be anxiety after the row but best to get it checked out.

• Posted

That's what I thought but at 9 pm she took her own things from my parents' bedroom because she got angry and went to another room. Then she began knocking because she couldn't talk and we gave her water. We helped her get on her own feet to the bedroom and she laid down but from what we understood her ears are ringing. She still can't talk and it became intelligble. Now she's asleep

• Posted

Is there anyone that you could contact now to help you , is your dad, a friend or relative there to support you?If you're in the UK you can phone for medical help, not sure where you live but I'm sure there are similar arrangements in other countries. I'm not a medic but if it was my mum I'd be phoning the emergency helpline for advice., there are doctors available to advise you. Or call an ambulance.

• Posted

Thank you for your support 🙏 I'm not from the UK but I was with my brother and my dad !now she's asleep so I hope she'll be alright tomorrow ><

• Posted

Is there anyone that you could contact now to help you , is your dad, a friend or relative there to support you?If you're in the UK you can phone for medical help, not sure where you live but I'm sure there are similar arrangements in other countries. I'm not a medic but if it was my mum I'd be phoning the emergency helpline for advice., there are doctors available to advise you. Or call an ambulance.

• Posted

The number to ring in England for advice is 111, I think or if you ring your GPs number there ought to be an answer phone message for out of hours medical assistance. Best of luck, hope your mum will be OK.
  • Posted

There is a problem with her not going to the emergency room ASAP. If she did indeed have stroke as I suspect she did there is a drug that they can give you in the emergency room to treat you for your stroke but it has to be administered within 3 hours of the beginning of the stroke. Obviously now it's too late and that might have saved her voice. I'm starting to realize that you're not the adult in this situation and that the situation may be out of your hands but I think it would be a really good idea if you call 911 (US) and got her help. Don't just let her sleep. I've had two strokes while I was sleeping! Irritability is another symptom of a stroke.

• Posted

Actually she woke up this morning at 6 am and ate and spoke as usual ?? But I think it is safer to see a doctor right ? Thanks for your advice 🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.