My most recent chest xray suggested copd with trapped air.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Till recently, I lived in an apt which had mold which appeared to be black around yhe shower and ceiling. There was no ventilation. Then 3 months before I moved, there was an odor from the kitchen closet. It was later found to be from a leak and the entire closet was covered in mold both greenish and black with yellow stains. I had to throw away everything in the closet. I have never smokedand have had recurring allergy and sinus problems, worsening since moving in. I have breathlessness on exertion, sweat breakouts, extrene fatigue with lightheadness and pain and burning in my center chest. Does it sound like copd caused by the mold? What treatments are available? What can I do at home?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI Judy! After reading your post I will give you my opinion. First and foremost is to ger a referral from your primary Doctor to a respirologist. Once some easy testing is done the respirologist will be able to asses your symptoms and offer to you the right inhalers if necessary. Don't let this go. You need a solid diagnoses before you can move forward. Hope this helps 

• Posted

Im new also to copd maybe i have maybe i dont im still searching but i can give you advice for the mold..

Black mold can cause headaches asthma restlesness and all these symptons.

To really get rid of it mix bleach with water and apply it everywhere , brush all the mold and air your house for 1 2 days till the smell of humidity disappears then after one week of clean envinroment if the symptoms continue or get worse consult offcourse a doctor.

Hope for the best get well soon!!

• Posted

Unfortunately for the bleach treatment one's lungs need to be elsewhere the entire time. Proximity to chlorine bleach can cause all the same symptoms.

Judy, if you've got burning in your chest, you need to see a doctor immediately. I have had fungus in my sinuses, very unpleasant & needed surgery to remove. Inhalation of mold spores, which happened to you every time you opened that pantry door, is a dangerous thing. Unless you wore a very expensive hard mask when you cleaned the closet, you inhaled tons when you threw everything away. Unless there was a very expensive ventilation system set up in the kitchen, tons of spores were released into your apartment as you picked up and there's away everything. You have had a lot of exposure. Get to a doctor now. I hope that you don't have mold growing in your lungs, but if you do you need to know so you can start treating it.

If you're in the States. the landlord should've taken care of all of that, tho few would short of certified letters, threats of law suits, etc.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.