My mother has been having increased allergy attacks or at least that what she believes them to be...

Posted , 2 users are following.

My mother has been having increased what she believes to be allergy attacks. It starts in the back of her throat, right where the roof of the mouth ends. She describes it as a slight pressure which then increases to where she feels like her throat is closing and if it was to continue she wouldn't be able to breathe. Of course this sends her into a panic and therefore makes everything worse. She's been diagnosed with severe allergies to mold, dust, pollen and ragweed. She also suffers from high blood pressure and anxiety. She's been to an E.N.T., they did a whole work up and even some scans. All they came up with her severe allergies to the above named. She's tried benadryl and that did nothing to help. I can see the panic in her face when she has one of these attacks and I just want to help her! Has anyone experienced similar symptoms or have any thoughts on what it might be? Thanks in advance for any help!

Sincerely, Concerned Daughter xx

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Has she been tested for food allergies? If not that is what I would do next. Also instead of benadryl she could try taking Allegra and pepcid. These would be non drowsy. My doctor recommended this combination. Best of Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.