My mother is to have a total hysterectomy. Any advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I'm Jim and I'm asking for my 73 year old but active mother who has ovarian cysts and is having a total hysterectomy as a precaution . Firstly I'd like to know if a total or complete can actually be carried out through keyhole or not. Secondly I'm planning on staying with her for a while but was wondering what the typical hospital stay and recovery time is. Also would she be able to eat normal foods , go to the toilet without help. Sorry so many questions but I've nowhere else to ask. If you all could advise me on the above matters or anything else you consider relevant which I haven't mentioned or yet thought of . Many thanks Jim

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi jim my dermoid tumor(cyst) was the size of a grapefruit thats why i had open surgery ,but honest i was fine ,please dont worry she will be fine ,tc keep me informed how shes doing ,all the best mags smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.