My mouth has this weird taste that makes everything taste gross. Anybody have this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey it's Brooke again. I posted for the first time last night about my health anxiety and thinking everything has to do with cancer. I forgot to tell my age which is 32 and that I have 3 adorable children, ages 12,10, and 5. I stay worried that something is wrong with me and that I won't be here to watch them grow up. This anxiety keeps me crazy!!  Anyways for the last few days I have developed another strange symptom that of course has me worried. The first day my mouth had this metallic taste and everything I tried to eat had the same taste so I just couldnt eat. The next day the metallic taste kind of went away but my mouth was watering very very bad. I had to swallow way more than usual. Now today the bad taste is back (not as bad as it was but back) and my tongue feels a little swollen and my mouth is still watering. Of course I've heard the metallic taste could be a sign of cancer so I'm freakin out. But I've also heard that it could be caused by anxiety. Has anybody else had this problem?  If so please share your story so that I can ease my mind a little. Thanks!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

To put your mind at rest go see your GP.

Are you taking any new medication?

It is important that you see the Dr.

Xxx

• Posted

I went in to see my GP a couple of weeks ago with back pain. He did blood tests and X-rays. The X-rays came back fine but my blood work showed my ANA levels were a little off so he wants me to go see a rheumatologist. Anyways I didn't have this symptom then but I did have stomach issues too that I told him about but he kind of just brushed that off. Last year I had stomach issues too and I had a sigmoidoscopy done that came back fine. Well the stomach pain is back so I took the meds that my gastroentologist prescribed me last year. I only took a couple of them about a week ago and the mild pain medicine ultram. Do you think that could be what's causing this weird taste in my mouth? 
    • Posted

It sounds like you could have a stomach ulcer.

You have the pain, the acid taste

Please see,Dr asap. Explain to reception that you suspect a stomach ulcer that may have burst.

Keep posting. Xxx

• Posted

Thank u so much Linda. I have an appt with my gastro Friday but I may call first thing in the morning and tell them I may have an ulcer. Thanks again!!
    • Posted

I will keep yall posted!! 😊
  • Posted

dont know if this will make ya feel any better but theres honestly a lot of things that can make you have that mitalic taste everything from seizures to sugar problems i personally have experrienced this with anxiety...if your tongue feels swollen it could be a sign of thyroid condition...are you tiered more than normal? a swollen tongue often comes with hypothroidism and hyperthyroidism and you can also have anxiety issues when your thyroid is not working properly (more common in hyperthyroid)
    • Posted

I've never had my thyroid tested but my dad and my sister both have thyroid problems. Well my dad did. He passed away in 2013 from cancer. Which is probably the main reason I've got so much anxiety about it now.  I'll have to get mine checked. Thanks for posting!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.