My mum (54) has had ongoing coughs and chest pain for two years now.

Posted , 3 users are following.

we are from the UK and we're currently in lockdown due to the corona virus going around, so we cant go to our local gp.

but before lockdown she mustve went to the gp around twice or something. she doesnt even communicate with me about her problems so i do not know much of what is going on, she relies on my dad who clearly isnt helping.

But what i do know is that she has had really bad chest pain, she can rarely sleep due to the pain and from the severe coughs.

My gp is S**T either way too and they gave her these new anti biotics two weeks ago and they did not work so they gave her new ones a couple days ago and it seems like her situations worsened.

She is under a lot of stress too. Bare in mind they gave her these anti biotics whilst they havent even seen her face to face, and really properly assessed the situation. Im quite sure my mother doesnt have corona virus, she literally never leaves the house and shes had these coughs from two years ago, before the big outbreak of the virus.

she does not have a temperature, however around spring-summer she does have hay fever.

i really need someones help on this bevause no one else professional is helping, if you or someone you know have had symptoms like these and you know what it is or can offer advice please reply to this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I am sorry for you and your Mum. I am also 54 so I feel for her. Had she ever been diagnosed with other health issues prior to this?

• Edited

She has really high blood pressure, i don't know of any other health conditions that she has.

She has had two C-sections, she also looks after a severely disabled child, adding onto stress

• Posted

Did she let the gp know she had the chest pains and cough for 2 years? People have to be really clear and accurate about their symptoms and how long they have had them because of what we are going through right now. You can hardly blame the gp for assuming it may be covid related if they haven't had the full history of symptoms. It could be that she is having allergies which can give you a cough and chest pain. Or it may be something else she needs to be checked for. She needs to make it clear to her doctor that she has had the symptoms since before the covid outbreak. You say she is not communicating with you about her problems so I can imagine maybe she isn't being 100% clear with her doctor. It sounds like she needs to get a chest xray or possibly even a CAT scan. Does she cough up blood does and she get palpitations? She may need a d-dimer blood test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.