My Mum had ovarian cyst surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 

My mum is 53 years old and 2 months ago she had her ovary removed because they found a big cyst inside. My concern is that until now she could not mover her legs, so she has been bedridden. Apart from that she doesnt have apetite, she has lost weight dramatically. She looks really thin. She always asks us to massage her legs because if its numbness. She does go to the doctor every 2 weeks to change the wee coz she’s on catheter and she also has lab test. There is improvement though but she couldnt lift or move her legs. 

May I know if you know anyone who has had the entire ovaries removed. 

Thanks for reading. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this about your mother. I am about the same age and have had both my ovaries & tubes removed and I have not encountered a problem moving my legs. My legs have been fine although it did take me a full 6 months before I felt normal after the surgery. It was a long recovery! 

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about that i am 47 years old and about 2 months ago i had my left ovary and tube taken out because of a cyst and i didn't experience any problems with my legs but i didn't have any appetite and i had constipation but once in awhile i still have pain on my side i hope she gets better

• Posted

Thanks a lot for your reply Jackie. I think she needs more time to recover and needs monitoring as she wasn't fit before. Probably my Mum would need more than 6 months to feel normal. I am worried that she has other health problems. Good to know that you feel normal after the surgery though it took awhile. 

I'm hoping for my Mum's recovery and just be positive. 

Thanks Jackie! 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Tracy. I really wonder why she couldn't move her legs till this time. I hope there is nothing serious to worry about. I think she just needs more time to recover because her body is still adjusting as she never had any operation before. It was her first time to get sick for such a long time. I hope she'll be fine. 

• Posted

Claire,

What does the doctor say?  Has she been examined to determine the cause.  Physical therapy to speed recovery??  There should be no normal cause for her to lose function of her legs.  We all react differently to surgery can be emotionally devastating which could have significant physical repercussions.   Can she feel her legs?  Is she just weak and can't move them.  She needs further examination to determine cause.  I had the cath removed before leaving the hospital......

• Posted

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. The doctor just recommended her yesterday to have MRI to check the tissues and bones. She said that her legs are numb and when she's awake she always request us to massage her legs. It could also be emotional stress. Hopefully, there will be findings after the MRI. She feels okay, it's just her legs that she couldn't move. She really needs further tests. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.