My nail polish turns purple-ish black within a few days.

Posted , 2 users are following.

My nails seem fine (normal color) when I remove my flesh-tone semi-sheer polish. However, within a few days of applying fresh polish, it begins to turn grey/gray ish, purple-ish Black. 

I’ve used many different polish removers (acetone, acetone-free and various brands), and my natural nail color looks fine. I do have horizontal grooves due to health issues, but I’ve been using this brand of polish (Revlon 909 Sheer Petal) for years and even bought a brand new one. Same story. 

Is there a medical or medication reason that this is happening now?

FYI: I am not a smoker. I am not wearing new jeans or any clothing that is rubbing onto my nails, and there is no discoloration in my natural nail color. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.