My Neurosurgeon appointment...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well....Last friday I finally got to see the Neurosurgeon...It feels like months that i had to wait for it!!!!!!

I was very uptight and nervous the day before and hardly slept that night....I had all these different scenarios running thru my head..... :huh: I tried to relax and not get myself stressed out, but it just didn't work..... :monster:

Anyway....As soon as i walked into his office with my hubby, I felt relieved...he was very kind and lovely to me.... :doctor: He looked at my recent MRI and called me over to explain what he could see on them....Nobody has ever explained them to me in such detail and pointed out where the problems were and why!!!!! He did some reflex tests on me and told me that i have no reflex in my right arm, which i didn't know about!!!

To cut a long story short, he has told me that he can help me with surgery if thats what i choose to do!!!!!!!!!:cheers: :ok: :wow: :cheerup: The surgery they will be doing is Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion..... I have 2 bulging discs that will be removed....

My hubby and I had already discussed this prior to going to the appointment as we had done a lot of research on the surgeries available for CS.... He asked if we wanted to go away and think about it, but we told him we had already decided that if surgery was an option for me, I would have it done!!!!! I have weighed up all the pros and cons for me and I feel this is the right decision for ME. I know there are some of you who don't agree with the surgery or feel the risks are too high but this is MY decision to make....(No offence intended to anyone, ok..... :D ) I write that in here due to the PM i have received from a forum member telling me NOT to have the surgery, but it is a decision i have to make that I feel is right for me....

Anyway....I was a bit overwhelmed at the appointment once he told me i was able to have surgery and I forgot to get my notebook out and ask him the questions i had written down..... :erm: :yikes: He did go into to detail with us about what the surgery involves, but i still have more questions, so I will be making another appointment with him again soon.... :roll:

Now we just have to wait for my Workcovers approval (I have spoken to them about this and they are pretty sure it will all be approved) which will probably take 6 weeks or so...then i will be booked into the Hospital..... :cracker: :diva: :nahnah:

I know I have a bumpy road ahead of me, but at least now I can see some light at the end of the tunnel..... :wow:

Aunty Em...I would love to hear some more feedback from your surgery and anyone else that has had or having the surgery......

Love Jas..xx.. :wings:

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

*Pops her head in*....... :lol:

Thanks you Chris my lovely for updating on my Operation..... :D

I will post about it in a new thread...... :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.