My New Boyfriend with PTSD

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys! i just need some advice here. i recently started talking to this guy almost 2 months ago , he is retired from the Marines and has PTSD. when we first met everything amazing , but the last two weeks he has been telling me he has been stressed out and his mental health is not all there. on top of that he has his 2 daughters and has been watching them for 2 weeks now when be usually only gets them every other weekend. last friday was really the last time we've had a conversation and hung out. that day he told me he was ready to take the girls back whenever their mom got back because he needed some "me time". after i left his place he said he would text me , he sent me 2 messages and that was it. saturday he didnt text me or call that mornin, so i sent him something he responded with "nothing" and i ask whats wrong and he never texted back. later night i text him how i feel and explain to him i am there for him , supporting him but its hard when i feel like im being pushed away. he responds and says hes not trying to push me away ... then no respond until the next morning he says easter sunday and i reply back asking him to call when he can and he never did.. i dont want him to feel like im not there for him but im not sure what to do or how to apporch it. i feel like its me but i know its not .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi autumn, i read what you said and i think you've been really kind be supporting this damaged young man. PTSD is tough. in my house it's me who has it and my partner is often having to support me. it's really hard to live with for both people. i was not in the army but was raped and assaulted from a young age. i have had to had specific counselling for this which can be terrifying at times and makes me cry often. your partner has to get support but so do you, looking after someone with PTSD is exceptionally tough! you support him best you can, but also get support for you, off-load to whoever you feel is right and i hope you get through.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.