My new knee is 6 weeks old!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been moaning and groaning about sleeplessness, misery tears, pretty much everything other than pain, ever since my TKR.

Today my new knee is 6 weeks old - and as a gift to myself, I got to sleep last night for a whole 8 hours!!! Woop Woop!!

I was told, just wait until you get to 6 weeks post surgery and you'll feel so much better ...

Well, here I am, now at 6 weeks and I'm hoping my tears and sleeplessness diminish from here on in. I hope I'm not jinxing things so happy birthday to my knee!

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's great!!.... I'm 27 weeks and the closet I've come is 5-6 hours. I hope it keeps up!
    • Posted

Thanks Joyce! I was just about ready to hit myself on the head with a shovel to get some sleep! lolol
    • Posted

Hi lindy im 17 weeks and still not slept through your very lucky im hoping my time will come lol
    • Posted

Oops not 27 weeks ...rather 17 weeks...,,sleep deprived! LOL
  • Posted

Hi Lindy,

Happy 6 week birthday knee..mine is 1 week tomorrow lol..i managed 5 hours sleep last night which was a bonus i thought,hope you long continue to improve x

• Posted

That's great LindyI'm, what's your secret?!

I'm 7 weeks and am sleeping worse than I did at first!  I think my problem is that at first I couldn't move and now I can my body is trying to return to my usual tossing and turning but my knee won't let it roll over as it hurts/pulls.

Any tips will be most welcome .... Have tried meds at night time, herbal remedies and last night it was the relaxation track. Aargh!

• Posted

Hi this is my first post, I'm 2 was post op TKR on my left knee. I'm sleeping really well, usually I throw myself round the bed all night,but since my op I've slept with 4 pillows propped up and am practically sitting up,so I'm not so stressed about knocking my leg and must be more relaxed. It was a bit odd for the first couple of nights but now very comfy and it keeps my leg straight in bed, hope this may help you too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.