My (Orange) Holiday

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just got back from a weeks holiday B & B in a hotel. I was determined to keep taking the blueys as I didn't want to undo the hard work I had put in. BIG MISTAKE. By Tuesday I could have \"tango'd\" for England, had to wear 3 (yes three) pairs of knickers (Bridget Jones type) just to feel safe. Needless to say I had to stop the tablets. I thought I was being really good. The breakfast on offer was egg, bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, fried bread and tomatoes. I was only having grilled bacon (lean) and the grilled tomatoes but even that must have been too much. The rest of the time it was things like grilled chicken and jacket potato with a salad. Never mind, I am back in control now. Will weigh Monday to see what damage I have done. Keep smiling smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've come to the conclusion to only take the tablet when I prepare my own food as you never know what other people put in when they are cooking.

Example my MIL was up this week so cooking all the meals and she did a lovely apple pie, I tasted the cooked apples whilst on the stove after cooking them and said they were lovely but a little bit later when she was putting them in the dish to have the pastry on top I saw her sprinkling sugar on top before the pastry was put over. Couple of times she forgot to use my low fat milk in my tea and a few other little thing.

Good luck for weigh in

• Posted

I have been taking orlistat for two months now. I have stayed the same weight...have not lost a pound. Im not eating alot of fat as i dont want the side effects!! i am really losing heart, due to see my DR next monday, if i dont lose any weight she will stop prescribing the tablets. HELP what am i doing wrong. My calories are 1800 a day which is what the leaflet says i should be on, but i thought if i followed slimming world (green) i would lose something!!
  • Posted

maddie

its entirely possible you're not eating enough fat, you body needs fat to function properly. aim to be towards 30g total fat a day with no more than 15g in any one meal. its possible your body is so deprived of fat that its holding onto whats in your body.

perhaps ignore the slimming world for a few weeks, see if you can do it just on the tablets alone. also what are you doing exercise wise?

good luck

• Posted

Well, I wieghed this morning and I have put on a pound sad Not bad for a weeks holiday I suppose.
  • Posted

Petal - you should be very pleased with yourself, I put 8lbs on in 2 weeks whilst on hols.

It'll soon come off

• Posted

Suza's right the pound will soon come off especially now you're back in control of what you eat smile
  • Posted

Hi, i cant do alot of exercise as i have an illness in which my joints ache. Gonna give the S/W a miss for a couple of weeks and see how i get on. x smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.