My pain augmentation Syndromes getting increasingly worse, is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's never hurt this bad before is the problem. Over the weeks my pains been getting terrible, unbearable even to focus or walk for long period of time. This is something i've been dealing with my whole life normally i can deal with it. Sometimes i'll go to the chiropractor and it'll help a bit but last time I went (a week ago) caused it to be worse. Icey-hot numbed the pain a bit too, but I can no longer feel it. My pain, back, and shoulders are the worst parts. I don't know whats going on but It's very difficult to get up in the morning and school is distressing enough now its virtually impossible to last a day. 

I am terrified. I don't know what happened..  What should I do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As you say you have had this all your life I'm assuming you had a diagnosis when it first started.  How old were you at that time?    As you are talking about "school"  how old are you now? Do you see a consultant in the speciality or just a chiropracter?

• Posted

I was diagnosed when I was 13 because I didn't have a good enough hospital to realize my diagnosis until I went to a better place. Right now I am 16, and this has never happened to me. 

• Posted

Alex,when was the last time you saw a consultant about this condition?. A lot can happen in the early teenage years and the hormone surge may be a contributory factor in your pain. After 3 years maybe you need a re assessment of your condition. Are you taking any medication?.    Did your consultant recommend chiropractic treatment?  I'm thinking you are not in UK??

• Posted

I've been seeing just my hometown doctor and a chiropractor. I'm taking 40mg Paroxetine daily and I just started 100mg of gabapentin. I also take b-complex vitamins and Magnesim.  I'm trying to get into MAyo I think its called. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.