My pain symptoms associated with kidney problems (UTI) is a little weird.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the doctors today with a dull, sometimes sharp pain on my lower right side of my back.  The nurse asked for a urinary sample just in case it was a Kidney problem, but the doctor was adamant that it can’t be a Kidney problem since my back pain was too low to be associated with a kidney. She was pretty convinced that I stretched a muscle. However, when we got the urinary test results back and it showed up as a pretty nasty case of UTI, my doctor couldn’t believe it. Is it normal for some people to feel kidney-associated pain in the very low part of the back? Or could it be that my kidneys are somehow placed lower than they should be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maura

It could be inflamation of the Ureta lower down, the tube that drains the urine from kidney to bladder, it is not unsusual to get lower back ache with a uti , so your symptoms appear normal for uti.

Kidney infections, pylonephritis, usually present with a fever and or vomiting, or severe loin pain.

As long as you have been given treatment then things should settle down soon.

Hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.