My parents don’t respect me.

Posted , 4 users are following.

My dad won’t stop talking about having sex with my mom and laughing because I can hear it. They won’t stop having sex while I’m in the house. I’m 16 so I can’t move out yet. They won’t let me spend the night with my only friend because she’s my boyfriend’s sister. I hate living here and I hate being around my parents because of this. It’s ruining our relationship. What do I do?

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear, that is sexual/emotional abuse! Is there a free helpline you can ring, or maybe could you talk to a trusted adult about it?.... Would you feel safe telling your parents the effect their behaviour is having on you?... either way, the conditions you are forced to live under and their behaviour is unacceptable!... I hope you muster up the courage to tell somebody. 
  • Posted

Can you not speak to your mum?  Explain to her that your dad's behaviour is upsetting for you and that it is having an effect on your wellbeing.  Understandably parents want to have a sexual relationship but I am sure there are measures that they can take to still do this in a discreet way so that you are not forced to listen or to be aware all the time. 

In the meantime I would invest in some earphones and play your music.  As for your dad just get up and walk away when he starts to discuss it.  He may not realise that he is upsetting you maybe you could tell him that he is doing so?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.