My partner gave me genital herpes, cheated on me and broke up with me

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All, I am feeling so low i cant describe it. I met this amazing guy (or so I thought). He told me had genital herpes so we were always careful. he was going travelling but wanted us to make it work because he said he never felt like this before bla bla bla. We had sex without a condom one time and i caught the virus. Three weeks later i found out he started cheating on me. he gave up everything we had for a girl he met for a weeks. he has thrown me away like i never even existed. i am feeling so depressed i cant cope. With the cheating im devastated and on too of that the STI. i just dont want to be here any more

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey guess what he will be back . the question is are you going to accept him back. guys stray off but if you two had something real, that fizzle for the new girl will fade as long as you let go and let him do what ever he is so called doing. no contact rule****** works like a charm. as far as the herpes you knew he had it so it would always be a possibility of transmission so i dont think you should be too shocked or mad. he didnt do it on purpose and you chose to deal with the possibilities of catching it. usually it would be bound to happen in the future. but just be patient and get your mind off him, travel, make friends, go out, meet new guys, and watch him try to come creeping in. just dont be easy. if he follows u on social media look and be happy always and again no contact dont look desperate.

• Posted

hey guess what he will be back . the question is are you going to accept him back. guys stray off but if you two had something real, that fizzle for the new girl will fade as long as you let go and let him do what ever he is so called doing. no contact rule****** works like a charm. as far as the herpes you knew he had it so it would always be a possibility of transmission so i dont think you should be too shocked or mad. he didnt do it on purpose and you chose to deal with the possibilities of catching it. usually it would be bound to happen in the future. but just be patient and get your mind off him, travel, make friends, go out, meet new guys, and watch him try to come creeping in. just dont be easy. if he follows u on social media look and be happy always and again no contact dont look desperate.

• Posted

thanks latoya. ive blocked him on all social media and deleted his number. i was treated so bad by my previous ex and again with this guy. I just feel so worthless and like i didnt mean anything. I am scared I will never find anyone who I am good enough for. nevermind now with this herpes virus. the doctor said it may never come back as my first outbreak was so small but that still doesnt make me feel confident to ever go near someone. obviously glad its happened now and not further down the line but doesnt ease the hurt. its the fact he met someone one night who is 'like minded' in his words (might I add he was travelling in turkey and she was on holiday and lives in bloody helsinki) and just threw me away. just really feel my self worth is an all time low

• Posted

Sorry to hear this happened.

Thing is you knew he had herpes and still continued the relationship knowing the risk. You cannot put blame on him for this and need to take some responsibility yourself.

He didn’t leave you because he passed the virus to you, he left because he obviously isn’t a nice guy and could have been a little bit decent about the whole thing.

Don’t let having herpes make you stop living, because he certainly isn’t letting it stop him!

Like the person said above me, go live your life 😃

• Posted

I am so sorry for you, that is a completely s****y guy. My hearts hurts for you, If you ever need someone to talk to, just message me. I hope you find someone who treats you with love ❤️

• Posted

thank you adam. i find it so so hard. just been crying all day. just in bits. and the fact he met a girl and lied all week about it just kept me hanging then i figured out he was with someone else. just feel pretty worthless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.