My partner has bipolar and cant cope with the rejection

Posted , 3 users are following.

been in a relationship for 6 months all started of really well for 3 months and she become pregnant which she seemed happy about last couple months I have noticed she has been away a lot more from me and isnt staying at all we agreed 3 nights week to start with and then slowly move in as I wanted to be settled down and happy I say to her are u staying she says yes then goes home and texts me saying she staying home she was living here first 3 months and all ok now she seems to be coming less and less I have told her It hurts me when she constantly lies to me she says shes petrified of committing but I said how can u be she knows I'm 💯 commited to her but I think her bipolar ain't helping she promises me all time shes gona change and make it work and put effort I'm but never does what am I gonna do I feel lost and confused I have told her if she ain't gona change then I have to walk away but I never can its so hard when u love someone so much when I say to her it needs to change she says I will and most time will say if u dont like it then go find someone who is better so hurtful some of the things she says I say to her how can u be so empty all time when all i ever done is love u she dosent seem at all bothered but when I do walk 3 days later shes back saying shes sorry and loves me this has happened over 10 times now in last 3 months I know her past wasnt good worh her ex partners but I'm not them and she knows this but always stays away and she knows its destroying us 😪

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Warren and thanks for bringing your issues to this forum.

I think you should stop focusing on why she's being the way she is being and focus on yourself and the emotional toll this relationship is taking on you.

It's clear that she doesn't want the same things as you do, at least not at this time. A relationship between two people who want different things out of life is not a good relationship at all and somebody is going to pay the price for it, in this case you yourself.

She would continue on with you indefinitely - pulling you in then pushing you away. It has to be you who takes responsibility and does the mature thing and ends it.

In life the older you get the more you understand that you have to think about what a situation is doing to you emotionally and then take the necessary steps to put an end to the pain by breaking away.

Please do not prolong this agony any further. Leave her behind once and for all and do not be lured back. You know by now that she is never, ever going to change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.