My partner has cirrhosis of the liver. I need to understand more to help and support

Posted , 1 user is following.

This is all very new to me. Not just the disease, but also forums ect. My partner is 38 years old and has been diagnosed with Cirrhosis of the liver for many years now. We have been together for over a year, and although she understands what she is dealing with, I unfortunately know little about what she is actually going through. I have done some research and understand aspects and the complete seriousness of what she is going through. But when it comes down to it, I need to know more. I want to do everything I can to be a help, give support, and understand the absolute best that I can. Not just give nice thoughts and prayers (even though those are important) I need to know how to give her relief when she is in a bad spot physically or mentally. We are proactive when it comes to seeing doctors. But its the extra things I need to be helped out with. Like when there are those sleepless nights, those days when it seems hopeless, those moments when you feel completely alone. I want to be able to stand by her side and truly offer/give her the help she needs and deserves. Any information, personal stories, or advice would be of tremendous help to me. Thank you so much

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.