My partner has epilepsy from older brain injury and now has hypoxic brain injury

Posted , 2 users are following.

He had a seizure last may and stopped breathing I did CPR he was put in ICU ward. They said at first there is no brain activity but can see that he has awareness. When I last saw him I said to him if you've missed me blink twice and he did!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Can you tell me what the injury was?
    • Posted

When he was 17 he was on a bmx and hit by a car and hit or put his head through railing
  • Posted

I am sorry to hear that, it sounds as if it isn't a recent injury, I was curious to know what the time lag can be between injury and symptoms, I too have partial epilepsy but not through any obvious injury except maybe over exertion on a squash court, no doctor has ever really discussed this possibility with me.

• Posted

That was 1998 the recent seizure was last may and is still no fully aware although when I asked him if you miss me blink twice he did!
    • Posted

I take it then he is still in ICU since last May.  What is the prognosis, have you been given one?
    • Posted

He's not still in ICU he's been on a side ward in palative care, at the moment he is in n&n with a chest infection and waiting to go to Coleman hospital Norwich for rehabilitation

• Posted

Your story has touched my heart somewhat and I admire that you think enough of of him to write to this site.  I told my present partner soon after we met that I had epilepsy expecting to be dumped but gladly I wasn't.  Hang on in there and keep looking for signs of awareness or recognition, all the best.

• Posted

I was visiting him every day from may to July then his mother was sending me texts saying I'd tried to harm and kill him!!! And to stay out of his and their lives. When I went there end of August his brother was guarding the door I was let in but ten minutes later his mother came rushing in and grabbed my arm saying your not meant to be here! Then saying things that aren't true but me and my sister left as the nurse said I have to think of my patient. I hope the next hospital will let me see. Him when they're not there but they won't that often though

• Posted

Hi David you didn't comment on my last message

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.