My partner wants to come of grbapentin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi can anyone help me my parner suffers with trapped nerve in his back and spondylitis in his neck he has been on transfec transdermal patches for about 3/4 years which were helping him a lot with pain but reasently been having a allergic reaction on his skin where patch was so he went to doctors and they gave him gabapentin actavis capsules and told him to take 100 mg three times a day which his started since yesterday, they have made him very ill he is aching all over and feels drained and feeling sick ,he wants to stop taking and go back to his transtec patch the last one he took was about 6 o'clock this morning so since yesterday his had 400 mg , can anyone tell me how long it takes to get out of his system as he is in a lot of pain and wants to put transtec patch on as soon as thank you .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly,I would think if he just took it for the one day that it would probably be out of his system within 24-48 hours since he just started and if he drank plenty of water to wash it out.Best to check with the doc to make sure.He may still be able to put the patch on anyway.Good luck and God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

I'm not positive but if he stops now after about 8hrs should be out of system have him talk to dr about it there are other nerve drugs similar to gabapentin that may work for him sorry to hear he feeling so sick on top of being in pain is the worst hope he feels better soon.

• Posted

My sister has a skin sinsitivity to a transdermal patch she is on.  She puts Flonase on the skin before applying the patch.  This ended the skin reactions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.