My password won't let me get into my account.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I typed in a new password twice, as requested, and then the old password.A box showed up asking me if I wanted to update (it wasn't my idea as I had a password). I said yes and repeated the new and old passwords. Could not get into my account. I don't know what password is in there now. My email kept showing up but that would not fit the requirements of a password. Help!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's been telling me for a couple of weeks that it doesn't recognise me but as it's still letting me read and post I've stopped bothering.

• Posted

Hi Peggy,

If the issue is you have changed your password but you aren't sure what your current one is then you can reset it as below.

Sign out of the site if you are signed in and go to this page

Click the "Forgotten password?" link and enter your email address.

You will be sent an email with instructions on how to reset your password.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

How do I sign out? I don't understand what page (shown above in blue) I am supposed to go to. When clicking on "My Account", there is no "Forgotten password" shown to click on.

• Posted

At the very top of the page is a link to "Log out" next to My account. The "page" in blue shown above is a link you need to click on when signed out to go to the Log in page.

However, as you are obviously logged in because you are posting you can just leave things as they are. If you ever do get logged out and cannot remember the password just use the "Forgotten password" link on the Log in page.

Alan

• Posted

Many thanks for that; my PW has been refused for quite some time although I'm pretty sure I've entered it correctly. Will try to re-set.

• Posted

All done. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.