My penis has small red spots that appear after ejaculation and....

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m hoping somebody can help as I am extremely uncomfortable about seeing a GP. This is my last resort before it is a necessity!

I have had this problem for about 5 months or so now and it gets worse at times but at others (such as now) it is almost back to normal. 

First thing to note is that the head of my penis has redness where my meatus is, I do not think that this is caused by my semen I think it is more likely my urine. 

The second thing is that when I am erect my foreskin struggles to pull all the way back and there is redness immediately on my shaft just below where my foreskin folds back on itself where it almost seems to be clumping up and preventing me from pulling my foreskin all the way back as I usually could (this is incredibly painful to do at times, other times it is much more relaxed but still not possible to pull my foreskin all the way back)

I seem to have a white ring which I think may be scarring around the inside of my foreskin when it is pulled back, when I am flaccid I can pull my foreskin back with no issues and no pain, the pain is only when erect. 

When I try to masturbate it can be painful if I try to pull my foreskin back as mentioned before, when I ejaculate however I get small red spots on the head of my penis. I have tried two different types of creams at the moment and the second has sort of helped but still not fully put my penis back to normal (as I said it’s better but not getting any better than this)

The first cream I tried was anti fungal cream that is used to treat balantis this had absolutely no effect whatsoever and I applied 4 times a day as recommended, also when I was urinating I was careful to pull back my foreskin and urinate without the urine touching my foreskin to keep it as clean as possible (it’s also worth noting that when applying the creams I cleaned my penis with Luke warm water and gave it a gentle rub to clean around the head. I did not use any soap! Just water). 

The second cream I used was 1% clotrimazole, this had some effect and my penis is no longer painful... however it is still tight, I can add pictures just not tonight, if you can offer any help or advice it would be very much appreciated - if you would like any more information I will respond ASAP. 

A side note, I fear that circumcision may be necessary but if this can be avoided I would much prefer it. 

Thanks so much in advance!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Small red spots appearing after ejaculation just sounds like balanitis, and any anti-fungal cream should help with that.  Clotrimazole (Canesten) is also an anti-fungal cream btw.

It sounds like you have some degree of phimosis, but gentle stretching, possibly with a steroid cream fixes most cases, especially in younger men.  Surgery is rarely required, and even then, preputioplasty or a dorsal slit would be less invasive options than circumcision.

This is concerning though:

"I seem to have a white ring which I think may be scarring around the inside of my foreskin"

It could potentially be lichen sclerosus (aka balanitis xerotica obliterans or BXO), which may well require surgery, though not necessarily circumcision.

How old are are you, and are you diabetic, or taking antibiotics?

If you want to add a pic or pictures, you need to be on a PC or laptop.  If you are, then you should see some extra icons towards the top right of where you type, and the right hand icon (which I think is supposed to look like the sun over mountains) will add images.

The pic I've attached here shows the icons: 

• Posted

Thank you very much for your help, the two anti-fungal creams were two different types, I just cannot remember what was in the first one as it was not clotrimazole. 

I am 21 years old and am in generally good health. As far as I am aware I do not have diabetes, I will be able to upload some photographs later tonight. Thank you ever so much for your reply

• Edited

was this ever resolved?

Too many people vanish from the feeds without ever saying if they cured and what it was 😔

• Posted

I know right!

how are you now? hope you are better? are u in the UK?

• Posted

Hi,

The description you make looks very much like what I have : lichen sclerosus. What is characteristic of the disease is the white ring below the foreskin that makes it difficult to pull it back.

Like you, I have been struggling with doctors that were not used to this disease and made wrong prescriptions.

What works well for me and many other patients is to apply a corticoid cream called Clarelux, initially every day for 3 months, and then typically 3 times a week.

You should visit the following website which has an English version and is very helpful : www.lichensclerosus.ch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.