My penis has two smaller holes. Would this result in complications?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was born with two smaller holes at the end of my penis on top of one another. Seeing the size of the cystoscopy scope I'm worried it'll cause complications? Any thoughts?.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Michael. I thiink I can help you out. Your two small holes involve the meatus or opening at the tip of your penis. Hopefully this does not mean that you have "a double barrel" urethra so I am assming that this is the case.

You can check yourself out very easily with a Fr-16 catheter. The part of the cystoscope that enters your body is only a fraction larger so I would suggest you get a Fr-16 catheter - a straight hydrophylic type would be a good choice - and play with it for a while, inserting it 2 or 3 inches. Before starting remember to wipe the head of the penis with disinfectant and, if the catheter is not hydrophylic or pre-lubed, apply plenty of this in gel form.

I wuold try each hole and note which one is the easiest.

This exercise would provide valuable information to the operator who will be performing the procedure. And your pre-procedure trial run could help in loosen things up a little.

Good luck and best wishs for a virtually painless cystoscopy!

Alan

• Posted

Hi, Michael. This is URGENT! When I posted my last (and only) reply to you a significant piece of text got left out!

Your 'small holes' might be very small. I don't know if there are any cystoscopes smaller than the one I referenced. What are you to do if you are too small? I would contact the doctor in charge of your procedure without delay. At least you will be going to him with actual measurements and I'm sure she/he will appreciate this.

I apologize for my poor proof reading and hope that I am not too late with this clarification.

Warm regards, Alan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.