My period came and feel fabulous !

Posted , 8 users are following.

Omg ..... I’m on the estrogen patch and got my time of the month today . I feel soooooo normal paid bills folded laundry done a facial like the old me boy do I miss her ! If I could feel like this everyday 😩 

The rest of the time I’m just lying on the bed all day depressed .

4 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Lori that is wonderful! So glad you're feeling better! Enjoy it and prayerfully, you've found your pot o gold!!

• Posted

Ah thx Katie. I know it’s just because my period came but even a glimpse of my old self ... even if it’s just for a day or two ... I’m grateful 🙏🏻 

Being this way for so long I forgot what normal feels like ... it’s a crying shame 😩

• Posted

Fabulous Lori!!! Hopefully you will stay that way, that would be great... And if symptoms do return, maybe they will just cycle themselves monthly instead of them staying with you 24/7 at least if you journal daily then you'll know when to expect them to come and then go.. But fingers and toes both crossed you stay feeling fabulous !!!!😄

• Posted

Lori - I am SO happy for you! I think what Gypsy shared about the journaling is a great idea. I am realizing that even though I may only have 1 or 2 good days - I cling to them!

Maybe we will eventually see that those 1 or 2 days become 3 and 4 etc. It's so hard to take the time to write it down each day - today I am also having a better day! So thankful to read your post!

• Posted

I’ve definitely made a mental note as the 2 days before it started we’re AWFUL ! Felt ill

Dizzy and so so tired . I didn’t get pms so bad before the patch .... if it ends up giving me mostly good days I’ll take a few awful days and be prepared for it ! 

• Posted

Wow, just like that?? I’m in perimenopause now but 3 days late for my monthly and I feel absolutely wretched physically and emotionally..this may be something for me to look into, the estrogen patch..I started these symptoms about a year ago, I’m 47...just seeing how long this may last is depressing but if there is something that helps I’m all for it! Glad you’re doing so great, that’s really amazing!🙂

• Posted

Hi Lori,

Glad to hear that you are having such success with the patch. How did they come to find out that you needed the patch? Had you stopped seeing your period already? I'm asking because I didn't think they gave HRT unless you were already in menopause.

• Posted

Yes my period stopped in December 2017 and by my blood results I’m post menopause 😩 the days just before it came we’re awful though dizzy fatigued ... slept about 13 hours the night before .

• Posted

Nice to hear you feel good! Hrt start making it’s magic! After 6-7 months you will not feel that you are in meno! 😂😘

• Posted

I’m not feeling the full benefits of it yet ... still get very depressed and sleep ! Can’t stay awake past 8pm . 6-7 months I have to wait to start feeling normal ???? Agh....!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.