My period has always been awful but now it's worse.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ever since my periods started they were extremely heavy and lasted more than 7 days ALWAYS. The pain was so bad my parents let me out of school quite often as I wouldn't be able to walk and just stayed fetal position on the bathroom floor. My mom got me the birth control rod, Nexplanon, and it made them virtually disappear till years later. We had a decent gap in our insurance which conveniently was when my rod expired. At that point I went a whole year unable to see a doctor and had a period that entire time. During that whole year I had maybe 2-3 months IN THE WHOLE YEAR I wasn't bleeding. It was very intense and painful. When I finally got it switched I just had 3 days between 2-3 week long periods that were very heavy and painful as well as not blood colored. Since I sometimes have longer durations between periods but my doctors couldn't figure it out and covid has made it hard to get in and actually tested as they try to get people out too quickly. Hoping someone knows what's happening or how to fix this as I am at a complete loss and it's extremely draining to have been bleeding almost constantly for about 3 years. Thank you for listening.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The best option is time, you need to check results over time, it might be just the season. I think you should speak to your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.