My period is 5 days late, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so I am new to this forum. Last time I had protected sex was last April, my boyfriend had a condom on and I used a Plan B Pill just in case so that time my period was expected to be late and I never got pregnant. After that, I started keeping track of my period. Usually my cycle length has been 34-35 days. On my tracker app, my ovulation day is Nov 13. On Nov 16, I was with my boyfriend. We did not had sex but we were kinda touch each other like he was fingering me and I was touching his dick and it had a bit of precum. When I went home, I used the bathroom because I have to pee so I wiped my vagina with toilet paper then I realized that that was the hand I used and I immediately washed my hand with soap and hot water, then I used a wipe to wipe my vagina. My question is: Is there a small possible chance that I can be pregnant from that? Because right now I am 5 days late and I am starting to freak out. I have been experiencing a few cramps down there and I do not know if I should see a doctor. If I am not, is it normal for my period to be delay this many days?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

take a pregnancy test at home before going to the doctor there could be any number of reasons for a late period

• Posted

Pregnancy is not the only reason for prolonged cycles.

Take an early pregnancy test. There are those which are more sensitive than others. Do it at least twice.

You should see a doctor pregnant or not if you worry that there is something wrong.

I'm sure that you know that you should use contraception if you do not wish to get pregnant. Counting days to determine when you ovulate is not a form of contraception and brings a bigger risk since it gives false certainty that there are days when it is safe to have unprotected sex.

I gather from you saying that you are freaking out that you do not want to get pregnant...

• Posted

yea you're right @masha17 I'm just not ready to have kids you know. And you're right about that counting days till i ovulate is not a smart way. It didnt came to my mind, i wasn't careful at that moment. I'll get a pregnancy test soon.

• Posted

I hope that everything will turn out fine.

Trusting someone with your health and life (because that is what we're doing every time we have unprotected sex) is a big step in any relationship and takes commitment. However it does not protect against pregnancy 😉

Ask your doctor about all the different sorts of birth-control. Maybe you will find a method that will be the best for you personally and you as a couple. Fortunately, nowadays, there are so many options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.