My period won't stop

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 17, almost 18, and I have been bleeding everyday since I was 14. I tried multiple birth control pills and patches. I have been to every doctor that has anything to do with this type of issue. They say that nothing is supposed to be wrong with me and that I will just have to live with it because I am too young to make life changing decisions. I'm not asking people to try to solve my problems (although any tips are welcome), I just want to know that I'm not alone (or maybe I am, I don't know).

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I'm here to tell you that you are not alone. I was 21 when my prolonged bleeding started and I'm 26 now. The only thing that stops it is birth control. And when I stop taking the birth control it starts over again. I know the negative effects BC has on the body, so I don't want to continue taking them. At this point I'm clueless on what to do. It's draining and frustrating.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply! It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one. (even though I feel bad for you and pray that you get better). It is totally frusterating. Teens my age are supposed to be having fun with their friends while I'm scared to leave the house. But these past few years have made me stronger and a better person (surprisingly with all the crazy hormones!!!) Stay strong and I pray that we both are healed soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.