My personal blepharitis cure!!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Try fluticasone nasal spray!! Has anyone used nasal allergy sprays?! I've had blepharitis for about 7 months now. Tried wet ones, shampoo in my eyes, steroid shots, steroid creams, etc. These all worked temporarily. Decided one day to try a nasal spray after seeing an ad for allergies. I bought the at rite aid and after 3 days my eyes are starting to feel normal!!! It kinda makes sense to treat your eyes through your nose since they all all connected. Today is day 3 and I have only had to use wet ones once and some eyes drops. Other than that my eyes are FINALLY starting to feel normal! I wanted to tell someone! Maybe someone here can try it and let me know if it helped at all?? I really hope it works for someone!!!

6 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Victoria which brand of nasal spray was this???? Thanks for posting!
  • Posted

I think the website is sensoring the brand name. I just bought an over the counter fluticasone nasal allergy spray.

Today is day 4 and I feel pretty good. I still need to use eye drops as needed. I have not used wet ones yet today (I was wiping my eyes 2 to 4 times a day before). I washed my face regularly this morning and applied steroid cream on the corners of my eyes. I went outside and was not affected by the wind like I normally would be. My eyes still feel slightly congested but not as they were before. I would say I feel 90% better which is significant.

• Posted

Hi Veronica just ordered a nasal spray I think sounds the same, 

what were your symptoms like previously? I just wanna compare see if we're treating the same type of problems,

thanks again!

• Posted

It first started with dry eye about 7 months ago. My eyes started to feel really red, itchy, puffy and congested during the day. It always felt like there was dirt or something in my eye. I would clean it and then hours later I would feel the grittiness again and would have to clean my eyes again. Couldn't be outside because I was sensitive to the slightest breeze and sunlight. At night they would get crusty to the point where I couldn't open my eyes and they were so itchy. I would get up twice a night to wash my eyes. The doctors just prescribed steroid shots, creams and eye drops. They worked for about a few weeks and then my symptoms came back.

I found the wet ones solution. This was what worked best for me. My eyes felt much better after using red wet ones a few times a day and a few times a night. Though I was still run down by the routine. I'd still wake up with itchy, very puffy, red crusty eyes. It gets especially bad if I forgot to use a wet one wipe. Been on the wet ones wipes routine for about 2 months. I felt better but it never completely went away.

After 5 days on nasal allergy spray I woke up this morning with regular eyes. Didn't have to run to the sink to rinse my eyes before I greeted my children. Didn't have crust. I open my eyes normally! They are still slightly itchy but I think it's due to my eyes being so damaged at the corners. I'm applying steroid creams to the corners still. I use antihistamine drops before I head outside. I bring wet ones with me in my bag but have only had to use them once when I felt my eyes start to water just a little from being outside for hours.

Let me know if this also works for you!

• Posted

Sounds very similar to me! My nasal spray should be coming at the end of this month I'll update how it goes!

• Posted

Hi.

Because you have allergic belpharit.

I have same problem.if you use patanol drop get good result too.also cholophenramine help but make you drowsy and sleepy.

One important thing cure my allergic belpharit and dryeye : took regulay "evening primrose oil"

You can test this.much help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.