My personal experience with Shingles

Posted , 4 users are following.

Greetings from Oz(Australia). Started as a slight discomfort with pain in the back on 30th March 2016, got worse on 31st- tingly and paining badly in lower abdomen, with burning sensation of skin by 1st April. Agreed with my wife's suggestion, and got a CT scan (suspected kidney stones), Negative- possible appendicitis, but no inflammation. Next GP visit ruled out UTI ( urinary tract infection), no appendicitis as no tenderness when pressed, leg elevation sciatica test negative, so maybe Shingles.

Quite discomforting by now, sleep not more than a couple of hrs at a time, with frequency of urination and stools increased.

Blood test done, and in the evening/ night on Monday, 4th April, first rash appears. Was flying on 6th April morning overseas. Postpone flights, and rush to doc, who gives anti-viral medication. Feeling weak - like in fever, but no real high temperature.

Pump body with immunity boosters and vitamins ( multi-vitamins, Vit C, Olive leaf extract, and Dr Worts). Moreover, use Emu oil as a rub. Rashes by day two...lots of it. Pain, but manageable.

Day three - more of it- more rashes- back, hips and groin, but the old ones are blistering. Weakness.

Day four - shivering and the tingling in nerves- like mini explosions. Blisters show sigh of drying out.

Day five - today - lots of tingling- stabbing needle like pain.

Got some pineapple as heard it is good. Even air causes discomfort.

Let's see what happens next....will complete the five day course of medicine tomorrow night.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good luck, so sorry to hear of your pain!
  • Posted

Remember if such symotoms appear, please start the anti viral medicine course soon.

I heard coconut water and green tea aid theĀ restoration of yin element as yang is too much,

Take careĀ 

• Posted

Thanks for your advise. I finished a five day course of Shingles anti viral. The rashes are drying up. Much better now.
  • Posted

Yes I understand your pain I would send you picture of my out break but you would not like what my body look like for a month in a half now I had surgery yesterday because they found a kidney stone I waiting two weeks and it would not come out and on top of that i have a stint that has to come out next week I just hope it does not set off my sytemic lupus my other illnesses so I know what you feel keep strong
    • Posted

Thanks for your concern. I am feeling much better now. Just there shivering down spine if some air or contact happens.
  • Posted

Flying today to India... A bit apprehensive taking such a long journey... But should be OK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.