My physiotherapist’s writing to my doctor, what now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've been attending physiotherapy sessions since November for a hip-related issue. It hasn't really helped and now my groin is troubling me, too.

My physiotherapist said she's going to write to my GP practice to recommend I have an ultrasound scan done on my pelvic area, to see what the issue actually is.

What happens now exactly? Will my GP be in contact and tell me to make an appointment? Or do I need to book an appointment myself and ask if she's received the recommendation from my physiotherapist?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi, usually your GP should contact you but I would contact them to make sure, ps if u happen to have hip labral tears which u may not have an mri will find them but in my case the mri staff did not see the damage on the scan only a hip surgeon pin pointd the damage in the scan, so clearly we each have to follow up and make sure everyone involved is doing things properly.

• Posted

Thanks for responding! I'll wait a little longer before I contact my GP and I'll be sure to follow up with things. Thank you again, I hope your hip's on the road to recovery!

• Posted

i have a question for any medical professionals... I am in so much pain I'm dizzy. I have OA onset on the hip and an impingement... I'm told it may need to be shaved on the bone... my question is, can I do this myself with enough pain killer/booze/drugs and a knife and a file?? have a physio apointment in a month but can't wait. ... is it viable to perform the surgery on oneslef safely? thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.